As well as selling from the Beacons Farm Shop and to the catering trade, you’ll find us out and about at many festivals and events during the summer months.
Shows and festivals where you’ll find the Welsh Venison Centre outdoor catering van serving up our award-winning varieties of sausages, gourmet venison burgers, steaks and venison chilli with nachos is a special on the menu this year.
500g venison mince (ask our butcher at the farm shop)
1 red pepper
1 stick celery
8 red chillies
1 garlic clove
Pinch Mixed spice
Pinch ground paprika
Game or beef stock
Red wine ¼ bottle
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Salt and pepper
Welsh cheddar cheese
- Heat the vegetable oil and add the venison to a frying pan. Fry the meat until golden-brown all over. Put the venison into separate bowl and set aside.
- Using the same frying pan, add the onions, red peppers, celery, red chillies and garlic and fry until soft.
- Add tbl spoon of tomato purée, turn down the heat and gently fry for ten minutes.
- Add the spices, stock, red wine and tin of chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Add the venison back into the frying pan, reduce the heat to very low and simmer for one hour.
- Plate up your chilli on a bed of tortilla/nachos and sprinkle on some grated welsh cheddar cheese